I'm a Spatial Scientist in Love of Nature
Hi, my name is Yi Qi. I am an assistant professor in the School of Natural Resources at University of Nebraska Lincoln. My research focus on spatial science, an integral technologies including remote sensing, geographic information system, and spatial data science. I integrate spatial sciences in the ecological monitoring, environmental studies and natural resource management.
Research Interests and Projects
My research intends to ask two questions:
- How does the ecosystem change at different scales and over time under the changing climate?
- What are the drivers and consequences of the ecosystem change?
Courses and Workshops
Spatial science as a new interdisciplinary study covers a broad range of topics such as GIS, remote sensing, spatial data computation and visualization. My teaching experience covers undergraduate/graduate classes and professional workshops in GIS, remote sensing, geovisualization, spatial programming and computation. To prepare students for a successful education and career in spatial science, I design my curriculum and teaching methods for three objectives:
- develop a mindset of spatial thinking.
- enhance practical skill-sets.
- build an inclusive and diverse classroom.